Table of Contents hide
Exam Question Scenario
EC2 instances fail to launch with Autoscaling configuration
- Autoscaling configuration requires the following :-
- Autoscaling launch configuration which allows you to select an
- Instance type
- IAM role (optional)
- Security group
- Key pair file
- Autoscaling group configuration allows you to select AZ to be used to launch the EC2 instances with the selected launch configuration
Troubleshooting key points :-
- AMI id does not exist or is still pending and cannot be used to launch instances
- Security group provided in the launch configuration does not exist
- Key pair associated with the EC2 instance does not exist
- Autoscaling group not found or is incorrectly configured
- AZ configured with the Autoscaling group is no longer supported cause it might not be available
- Invalid EBS block device mappings
- Instance type is not supported in the AZ
- Capacity limits reached either cause of the restriction on the number of instance type that can be launched in a region or cause AWS is not able to provision the specified instance type in the AZ (for e.g. no more spot instances or On-demand instances availability)
More details @ AWS Autoscaling Developer Guide
2 thoughts on “AWS Autoscaling Troubleshooting”
For Q#1, scheduling scaling , document mentioned we need to mention min and max size when we configure scheduling scaling. But you mentioned ‘Maxsize’ is not required to create schedule scaling. Can you please clarify ?
Some pictures cannot display as the URL got 404.
Comments are closed.