Table of Contents hide
AWS EC2 Image Builder
- EC2 Image Builder is a fully managed AWS service that makes it easier to automate the creation, management, and deployment of customized, secure, and up-to-date server images that are pre-installed and pre-configured with software and settings to meet specific IT standards
- EC2 Image Builder simplifies the building, testing, and deployment of Virtual Machine and container images for use on AWS or on-premises.
- Image Builder significantly reduces the effort of keeping images up-to-date and secure by providing a simple graphical interface, built-in automation, and AWS-provided security settings.
- Image Builder removes any manual steps for updating an image without to need to build your own automation pipeline.
- Image Builder provides a one-stop-shop to build, secure, and test up-to-date Virtual Machine and container images using common workflows.
- Image Builder allows image validation for functionality, compatibility, and security compliance with AWS-provided tests and your own tests before using them in production.
- Image Builder is offered at no cost, other than the cost of the underlying AWS resources used to create, store, and share the images.
AWS Certification Exam Practice Questions
- Questions are collected from Internet and the answers are marked as per my knowledge and understanding (which might differ with yours).
- AWS services are updated everyday and both the answers and questions might be outdated soon, so research accordingly.
- AWS exam questions are not updated to keep up the pace with AWS updates, so even if the underlying feature has changed the question might not be updated
- Open to further feedback, discussion and correction.
- A company is running a website on Amazon EC2 instances that are in an Auto Scaling group. When the website traffic increases, additional instances take several minutes to become available because of a long-running user data script that installs software. An AWS engineer must decrease the time that is required for new instances to become available. Which action should the engineer take to meet this requirement?
- Reduce the scaling thresholds so that instances are added before traffic increases.
- Purchase Reserved Instances to cover 100% of the maximum capacity of the Auto Scaling group.
- Update the Auto Scaling group to launch instances that have a storage optimized instance type.
- Use EC2 Image Builder to prepare an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) that has pre-installed software.