Table of Contents hide
AWS Compute Optimizer
- AWS Compute Optimizer helps analyze the configuration and utilization metrics of the AWS resources.
- reports whether the resources are optimal, and generates optimization recommendations to reduce the cost and improve the performance of the workloads.
- delivers intuitive and easily actionable resource recommendations to help quickly identify optimal AWS resources for the workloads without requiring specialized expertise or investing substantial time and money.
- provides a global, cross-account view of all resources
- analyzes the specifications and the utilization metrics of the resources from CloudWatch for the last 14 days.
- provides graphs showing recent utilization metric history data, as well as projected utilization for recommendations, which can be used to evaluate which recommendation provides the best price-performance trade-off.
- Analysis and visualization of the usage patterns can help decide when to move or resize the running resources, and still meet your performance and capacity requirements.
- generates recommendations for the following resources:
- Elastic Compute Cloud – EC2 instances
- EC2 Auto Scaling groups
- Elastic Block Store – EBS volumes
- Lambda functions
- Elastic Container Service – ECS services on AWS Fargate
AWS Certification Exam Practice Questions
- Questions are collected from Internet and the answers are marked as per my knowledge and understanding (which might differ with yours).
- AWS services are updated everyday and both the answers and questions might be outdated soon, so research accordingly.
- AWS exam questions are not updated to keep up the pace with AWS updates, so even if the underlying feature has changed the question might not be updated
- Open to further feedback, discussion and correction.
- A company must assess the business’s EC2 instances and Elastic Block Store (EBS) volumes to determine how effectively the business is using resources. The company has not detected a pattern in how these EC2 instances are used by the apps that access the databases. Which option best fits these criteria in terms of cost-effectiveness?
- Use AWS Systems Manager OpsCenter.
- Use Amazon CloudWatch for detailed monitoring.
- Use AWS Compute Optimizer.
- Sign up for the AWS Enterprise Support plan. Turn on AWS Trusted Advisor.