AWS Interaction Tools Overview
AWS in API driven and AWS Interaction Tools allow plenty of options to enable interaction with its services and includes.
AWS Management console
- AWS Management console is a graphical user interface to access AWS
- AWS management console requires credentials in the form of User Name and Password to be able to login and uses Query APIs underlying for its interaction with AWS
AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) is a unified tool that provides a consistent interface for interacting with all parts of AWS
- Provides commands for a broad set of AWS products, and is supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- CLI required Access key & Secret key credentials and uses Query APIs underlying for its interaction with AWS
- CLI construct and send requests to AWS for you, and as part of that process, they sign the requests using an access key that you provide.
- CLI also take care of many of the connection details, such as calculating signatures, handling request retries, and error handling.
Software Development Kit (SDKs)
- Software Development Kits (SDKs) simplify using AWS services in your applications with an API tailored to your programming language or platform
- SDKs currently support a wide range of languages which include Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, .Net, GO, Node.js etc
- SDKs construct and send requests to AWS for you, and as part of that process, they sign the requests using an access key that you provide.
- SDKs also take care of many of the connection details, such as calculating signatures, handling request retries, and error handling.
- Query APIs provides HTTP or HTTPS requests that use the HTTP verb GET or POST and a Query parameter named “Action”
- CLI required Access key & Secret key credentials for its interaction
- Query APIs is the core of all the access tools and requires you to calculate signatures and attach them to the request
AWS Certification Exam Practice Questions
- Questions are collected from Internet and the answers are marked as per my knowledge and understanding (which might differ with yours).
- AWS services are updated everyday and both the answers and questions might be outdated soon, so research accordingly.
- AWS exam questions are not updated to keep up the pace with AWS updates, so even if the underlying feature has changed the question might not be updated
- Open to further feedback, discussion and correction.
- REST or Query requests are HTTP or HTTPS requests that use an HTTP verb (such as GET or POST) and a parameter named Action or Operation that specifies the API you are calling.
- TRUE (Refer link)
- Through which of the following interfaces is AWS Identity and Access Management available?
A) AWS Management Console
B) Command line interface (CLI)
C) IAM Query API
D) Existing libraries
- Only through Command line interface (CLI)
- A, B and C
- A and C
- All of the above
- Which of the following programming languages have an officially supported AWS SDK? Choose 2 answers
- HTTP Query-based requests are HTTP requests that use the HTTP verb GET or POST and a Query parameter named_____________.