AWS Transfer Family
- AWS Transfer Family is a secure transfer service that helps transfer files into and out of AWS storage services.
- AWS Transfer Family supports transferring data from or to S3 and EFS.
- AWS Transfer Family supports transferring data over the following protocols:
- Secure Shell (SSH) File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS)
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Transfer Family provides the following benefits
- A fully managed service that scales in real-time
- Compatible with existing applications with no need to modify them or run any file transfer protocol infrastructure.
- A fully managed, serverless File Transfer Workflow service that makes it easy to set up, run, automate, and monitor the processing of files.
- Transfer Family supports up to 3 AZs and is backed by an auto-scaling, redundant fleet for your connection and transfer requests.
- Transfer Family supports three identity provider options:
- Service Managed, where you store user identities within the service. It is supported for server endpoints that are enabled for SFTP only.
- Microsoft Active Directory, and,
- Custom Identity Providers, which helps to integrate an identity provider of your choice.
File Transfer Workflows – MFTW
- File Transfer Workflows – MFTW is a fully managed, serverless File Transfer Workflow service that makes it easy to set up, run, automate, and monitor the processing of uploaded files.
- MFTW can be used to automate various processing steps such as copying, tagging, scanning, filtering, compressing/decompressing, and encrypting/decrypting the data that is transferred using Transfer Family.
- MFTW provides end-to-end visibility for tracking and auditability.
AWS Certification Exam Practice Questions
- Questions are collected from Internet and the answers are marked as per my knowledge and understanding (which might differ with yours).
- AWS services are updated everyday and both the answers and questions might be outdated soon, so research accordingly.
- AWS exam questions are not updated to keep up the pace with AWS updates, so even if the underlying feature has changed the question might not be updated
- Open to further feedback, discussion and correction.
- A solutions architect must provide a fully managed replacement for an on-premises solution that allows employees and partners to exchange files. The solution must be easily accessible to employees connecting from on-premises systems, remote employees, and external partners. Which solution meets these requirements?
- Use AWS Transfer for SFTP to transfer files into and out of Amazon S3.
- Use AWS Snowball Edge for local storage and large-scale data transfers.
- Use Amazon FSx to store and transfer files to make them available remotely.
- Use AWS Storage Gateway to create a volume gateway to store and transfer files to Amazon S3.